Colorado Respite Care Program -
Family Respite Voucher
Welcome to the Colorado Respite Care Program's Family Respite Voucher Program! Respite vouchers provide funds for respite care to family caregivers across the state of Colorado, serving all ages and special health care needs. This program offers a resource for unserved and underserved family caregivers who have limited access to respite care and/or other supports through current systems. This program is intended to act as a Payer of Last Resorts. Review the eligibility requirements below, then submit your application accordingly. Applications are accepted at all times.
Current voucher term: September 1, 2017 - June 2018 **Accepting applications now!**
Family Respite Voucher Information for Families
Family caregivers are invited to apply for respite voucher funds using the application below. Eligibility for this program is not determined by age or income level. Respite vouchers are intended for full-time (40+ hours per week) family caregivers providing support for a loved one with special health care needs. Applications are accepted at all times. All information on the application must be complete and accurate. Updated Approved Provider lists will be posted as new agencies are added.
Family Caregiver Eligibility Information
You may qualify for a Family Respite Voucher if all of the following statements are true...
- I am a family caregiver (family member, friend or neighbor) and provide 40 hours or more of unpaid care weekly
- I am a caregiver to a person with special health care needs living in Colorado
- I understand that this is designed as a Payer of Last Resorts (meaning this voucher is intended for family caregivers that are unserved or underserved by current respite systems and do not receive respite funding supplements from a waiver or other source)
- I will use an Approved Provider from the list provided for respite services while using the Family Respite Voucher
- I am able to utilize the respite voucher over an approximately 90 day period, or by the expiration date on award letter
If you have questions regarding your eligibility, please contact Elle Billman at (303) 233-1666 x 225 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Respite Voucher Information for Providers
The Colorado Respite Care Program is seeking applications from qualified agencies currently providing respite services in an effort to respond to the respite care needs of Colorado's family caregivers of individuals with special needs, chronic conditions, older adults, foster children and kinship relations (i.e. grandparent and grandchild). Applications from agencies and organizations are accepted at all times.
Please note a change in the RFP: For profit entities are now able to apply for this opportunity in addition to nonprofit and government groups.
Provider Eligibility Information
- Must be based in and providing services in the state of Colorado (all funds must be used to provide services to Colorado families)
- Must be a nonprofit agency, for-profit or governmental entity
- Must conduct fingerprint-based background checks on all providers supporting voucher program through CBI or equivalent
- Must carry privacy insurance policy, or be willing to add during voucher program period
- Must be currently providing respite services including but not limited to: adult day service, out- of-home, or in-home respite services to families of children or adults with special needs, foster families, and/or kinship caregivers
- Must be registered on the Colorado Respite Coalition website's Respite Locator at the time of application
If you have questions about becoming an Approved Provider, please contact Elle Billman at (303) 233-1666 x 225 or email@example.com
Thank you to the following providers for their partnership in the Family Respite Voucher Program!
Click on the link below to learn more about each organization that accepts the Family Respite Voucher.